Why would you want to remove saved email addresses from auto complete? How annoying is it when you start typing an email address in the TO field and auto complete adds the wrong email address in for you? It’s a nice gesture when Outlook uses it’s history correctly and actually fills in the right email address. Unfortunately when you have made previous typing mistakes, it has a memory like an elephant, and remembers all.
Question: How do I permanently delete an email address from Outlook? I change one for a contact and when I start a new email auto complete uses the old, deleted address?
It’s not that hard to get rid of these annoying mistakes or just plain old email addresses. But just remember that this is not removing your email addresses from your contacts list, just the auto complete history. If you have an old email in your contacts list as well, I suggest you remove it from there before performing this task. You should also add your important contacts to your whitelist or safe senders list in outlook.
How to Remove Saved Email Addresses from Outlook 2007 or 2003?
1. Open Outlook and press on New.
2. A menu will appear. Choose email message from the menu. See the screen shot below.
3. A new message box will appear.
4. Type the first few characters of the email address to remove saved email addresses you want to remove. I have typed the letter D as I know the address starts with D. See the screen shot below.
5. Now press the down arrow on your keyboard to scroll through all the email addresses that start with D.
6. Find the one you want making sure it is selected and blue.
7. Press the delete key on your keyboard. This will remove saved email addresses you do not want.
8. The email address will be removed.
Remove Saved Email Addresses From Auto Complete History List from Outlook 2010?
- Open a new email message as shown above.
- Start typing in the first few characters of the email address you want to remove.
- Move your mouse over the email address you want to remove so it is selected. Do not click on it.
- An icon with a X appears next to the highlighted name, click X to remove. This will remove saved email addresses from auto complete history list.
You can also delete an e-mail address from your safe senders list in Outlook.