A signature is a bit of personalized text (such as your contact information or a favourite quote) that is automatically inserted at the bottom of every message you send. Nowadays it is a common for most people to add an email signature to the end of your emails. Unfortunately Gmail does not support adding a picture, logo, or html to your email signature, however you can add text and links to websites. Putting a picture into a Gmail signature is a daunting task as you will see in the tutorial below. This is compared to other email providers.
To create a text signature in Gmail:
- Sign in to Gmail.
- Click on the Settings text linkat the top right of any Gmail page.
- On the general tab, go to the Signature heading.
- Press on the button next to the box. This will remove the button from No Signature.
- Then type what you want into the text box.
- Click Save Changes.
Now your email signature will appear on all of your outgoing emails. It will be at the bottom of your email in a light grey text. If you don’t want your signature to appear on a particular email then you can simply delete it before sending the email.
How to insert a picture, logo or a link to a website into your Gmail signature?
Unfortunately Gmail does not allow you to put html code, graphics, or rich text formatting into your signature, however I have found a way, but it is annoying.
The problem is that you can simple copy a logo off the internet by right clicking on the image and selecting copy, then you can paste it into your email, but who wants to do this every time you send an email. Another way is to do this and save the email as a draft, then use that draft to write your emails on.. No less than painful again!!!
One good thing is that if you do copy your logo from your webpage and it also links to your webpage, that link will work when you send the email to someone. So therefore you can copy any link off the internet and paste it into your email and it will work on the other end.
Notes on adding an email signature to Gmail email:
- If having an email signature with a picture, logo, or html, than you may have to change to another free mail server.
- You can also add a signature to your Hotmail email.
- Outlook express or Windows Mail comes with Windows and allows you to add pictures, logo’s, html and more..Here is how to create an email signature for Outlook.