Wouldn’t it be great if you could only accept emails that are on your safe senders list in Outlook?
Junk and spam email is getting out of hand, and I know people will try anything to not receive all that time wasting junk in their inbox every day. How can you be expected to see the genuine emails in amongst the loads of messages flooding in. I often wonder why the spammers do this. Does anyone ever fall for their scams? I dare say they do.
Well it might not be that bad for you but I know we all have the same problem. In MS Outlook a handy way, and a very efficient way to filter the incoming emails is to only accept messages from the people you want to. You can choose who’s emails get through and you can avoid the spam altogether. This is either called “white listing” an email or adding an email to a safe senders list in Outlook.
I also like to add a website domain to my safe senders list. This will allow you to receive e-mails from a particular website domain. For example if I added www.tips4PC.com to the safe senders list in Outlook, any e-mail from that domain will be accepted. This is a handy if you want to accept or e-mails from a domain such as Facebook.com or maybe eBay.com.
How to receive emails from people on your safe senders list in Outlook?
1. Open Microsoft Outlook. Go to the Actions menu at the top. See the screen shot below.
2. Choose Junk E-mail from the drop down menu.
3. Another menu will pop out. Choose Junk E-mail options.
4. The Junk E-mail options dialog box will appear.
5. On the options tab, there will be a list of options to choose from.
6. Under the heading of Choose the level of junk e-mail protection you want:
6. Select Safe Lists Only: Only mail from people or domains on your Safe Senders List or Safe Recipients List will be delivered to your Inbox.
This option will only let you receive emails from people that are on your safe senders list.Now we need to add our contacts to this safe senders list so we can receive their emails.
If you happen to make a mistake and add an e-mail contact to your safe senders list, you can simply delete an e-mail address from your safe senders list.
Add your email contacts to your safe senders list in Outlook?
1. Follow the instructions above to get to the Junk E-mail Options dialog box.
2. Go to the Safe Senders tab.
3. At the bottom there is an option to Also trust e-mail from my Contacts. Put a tick in the box next to this.
4. Your contacts will appear in the Safe Senders list. See the screen shot below.
Using a safe senders list in Outlook, or “white listing” your email contacts can control spam and stop it from getting into your inbox.