If you have a business and you want to provide great customer service and do some email marketing, you can use your Outlook Express email and its message rules to auto respond to emails in your absence. For example if you have a website and an email comes in saying someone has purchased an item, you can set a message rule to auto respond for you.
The first thing you must do is create that particular email that you want to use as the auto responder. For example you could create an email saying thank you to the customer for their purchase. Save the email to use in the steps below.
Here’s How to make an auto responder email message rule
- Open Outlook Express Email program.
- Go to the menu at the top. Choose Tools>message rules>mail, then choose new.
- There will be 4 boxes to edit. Go to the first one and select the box>where the subject line contains specific words.
- Go to the Box 2 and tick the box that says Reply with message
- Go to box number three and click on contains specific words
- Type in what words will be in the subject line of the email that comes when a customer makes a purchase. When I make a sale on my website an email arrives with the subject line Sale invoice.
- Press add and the words will be put into the box below, then press ok.
- Now Go to Box 3 Again and press on Message.
- Browse to find your previously saved email. The one you created earlier. Press open.
- Press ok.. You have made an auto responder email.
What can you use an email auto responder for?
- Improve your business by providing quick replies to emails.
- Start you own email marketing for your online or offline business.
- Great for sellers on Ebay.
- Great for selling an e-book. The auto responder can send a download link to the customer when payment is received.
- You must have the email saved in the same spot for it to be found for the auto responder.
- The are also email hosts that allow you to have an auto responder setup online. Some companies even collect email addresses for you and do the auto responding as well.
- If you have a big business you are probably better off getting a managed auto responder. They have email marketing tricks and tips that will help your business.
- For a Home business Outlook Express will do just fine as long as you set the message rules correctly.