How to set up an Email Account in Outlook Express
See more Outlook Express Email Tips
Setting up an email account in Outlook Express is quite a simple task, but seems to be one of the best kept secrets in computing.The average computer user often calls a technical support person to enter the email account settings for them. However, if you have the correct information available, all you have to do is fill the details in!!!
The information you will need to setup an email account on Outlook Express
- Your email address.
- Your username. This is your username for your internet service provider. Sometimes it can be your email address that they provide with internet connection.
- Your password. This will be a password for the above account.
- Incoming mail server. This will be provided by your internet service. For example: mail.bigpond.com
- Outgoing mail server. Sometimes this is the same as the incoming mail server.
How and where to enter this information:
- If there are no previous email accounts setup in Outlook Express and you open the program, a account wizard will open. It will ask you to add this information in. Make sure you have the exact spelling! (Including Capitals etc.) One mistake and it will not work.
- If there are previous accounts you need to open Outlook Express. Then go to the menu at the top. Choose TOOLS>ACCOUNTS>ADD> Then choose MAIL. This will open the wizard so you can fill in your information.