See more Outlook Express Email Tips
It is easy to import and export your email contacts in Outlook Express and you should do it as often as you can. My email contacts are extremely important, as there are not only my friends email addresses, but also my business email contacts. To backup your email contacts takes about a minute of your time, so here’s how to do it.
How to Export Your Email Contacts in Outlook Express(Addresses)
- Select file from the top menu.
- Then choose Export and then Address Book.
- The box below will appear. Choose Microsoft Exchange Personal Address Book.
- Then choose Export.
- Your done! The file will be located in C:Program FilesOutlook Express and called WAB.exe.
I always copy that file and put it with my backup files on a disk…
Another option is to export your Email contacts address book to a text file so you can print it out. Choose TEXT FILE from the box pictured above and then export. You will have to name the file and it will be saved in My Documents.
Once you have exported your email contacts and stored the file in a safe place, it is just as simple to import them again.
How to Import your Email Addresses and contact list.
- Choose File from the top menu. Then Address Book.
- Browse for your file WAB.exe and press Ok. (Where did you store it?)
- Your email addresses will be restored to your current Address Book.
You can also copy the file manually yourself if you go to C:Documents and Settingsyour user nameApplication DataMicrosoftAddress Book
- Go to Outlook Express and export your email contacts now, while you are reading this article. Store the file on an external device, such as an external hard drive or a flash usb stick.
- If you are not using Outlook Express, most email programs, even online services, have this same backup feature.