If you are sending important business emails, or simply sending personal emails to your friends, creating an email signature can be a very valuable tool. Adding an email signature to the end of every email you send in Outlook Express will save you time and also let people know who you are. An email signature can have any information you like, your name, website link, or your return email address. You won’t have to type any of this information again. Its another chance to gain yourself some free advertising. You can also add an email signature to your Hotmail email.
Here’s how to set up your email signature:
If you are using Outlook 2007 then please see this article on how to create an email signature.
- Open Outlook Express
- Go to Tools>Then Options
- In the Options menu, choose Signatures, then select New
- In the Edit Signature section, make sure that the “Text“ selection is ticked. Or, if you would like to browse for a signature on your hard drive, you can tick the “File” selection.
- Enter the text for your new email signature. You could include:
- Web Address of company
- E-mail Address
- After you’ve finished creating your new signature, click Apply. Your new signature will now be available to use with your outgoing mail.
- To make it permanent to attach to every email, tick the box that says Add signature to all outgoing messages.
To check out what it looks like just create a new email and it will be there. (It will be attached to every outgoing email if you tick the box as seen in the picture below.) If you haven’t ticked this box you will have to add it manually.
Here is how to attach your new signature to an Outgoing message:
If your email signature is not attached to every email here’s how to add it in for a single email.
- Open Outlook Express
- Click the Create Mail button
- In the New Message window, type your message as you normally would
- Place your cursor where you would like your signature to appear
- Go to Insert>> Signature>> Select the signature that you would like to use
Your signature will now appear in your email message..
This is an example of what my email signature looks like:
admin@ [no spam] tips4pc.com
I have broken the email address up as you can see. This may help with the prevention of spam. (Ha Ha)
Some people also add phone numbers and addresses. You can put whatever you like. The screen shot below shows exactly how I have made my email signature.