Blocking email messages from a particular country is a new feature in Windows Mail. Previously, in Outlook Express you could not block an entire country from sending you spam emails. This is a fantastic feature that really helps stop spam and junk email coming into your inbox. I personally can’t believe how well it works.
How to find out what country the spam email is coming from?
A website or an email from a particular country usually has a specific code. For example an email address from Australia can have .com.au on the end and so can a website from Australia. If an email was from Canada it would have .ca on the end.Some more examples are UK – United Kingdom, ZA – South Africa, TH – Thailand, RU – Russian Federation, and more… Unfortunately this is not a clear cut answer because there are also hotmail.com and other email addresses that are available to any country but it can still help.
How to block email messages from a particular country to control spam?
- Open Windows Mail
- Go to the tools menu and choose Junk E-mail options..
- The Junk e-mail Options will open
- Press on the button that says Blocked Top-Level Domain List
- Now tick the box next to any country that you wish to block messages from.
- You can choose to select all and then untick the ones you want to allow.
- This is the easiest way for me because all of my email message I receive are from Australia, the UK, and the USA and Canada. Therefore I only have to untick these ones.
This is the ultimate control in stopping spam email reaching your inbox.