Keeping your // <![CDATA[
// ]]>Ebay account details up to date is very important. What if you buy something and your precious item gets sent to your old address? Its already torture waiting for an eBay item to arrive, let alone it going to the wrong address. Having an out of date email address is just as bad. The seller might be trying to contact you and let you know that the item you purchased may be delayed. Imagine if you didn’t get that email and started a dispute, not knowing there had been communication sent. These are both very good reasons to make sure your Ebay personal details are indeed correct.
Changing your account information
You can manage your account information from My eBay. To go to // <![CDATA[
// ]]>Ebay at the top of most eBay pages.
You must be logged in to access the private information in the MY Ebay section.
Change your personal information in your Ebay account:
You can change your personal information, including your user ID, email address, password, secret question, phone number, PIN, and About Me page from the Personal Information section of My eBay.
To change your personal information:
1. Go to My eBay.
2. From My eBay, click the Account tab.
3. Click the Personal Information link.
- Don’t use a fax or pager number as your telephone number.
- If you change your email address, you’ll need access to the updated email address to complete the process. The new address takes effect immediately.
- Email addresses that are automatically forward to another email address may cause emails from Ebay to be blocked or sent to your junk mail folder.
- Do not share your Ebay account details with anyone.
- Keep your details up to date.