If you can add a Youtube to your Ebay listing it can really help you get more bids and also get a better selling price. You can show potential bidders the actual items you are selling and they can see the condition of it and maybe even see it working. This works great for an expensive item. Imagine trying to sell a car worth $20,000. You could make a video showing you starting the car, the interior, the motor, the outside body, and more. I am stunned that more people are not using this option.
To Add a Video To Ebay – You Will Need
- A device to record video. I use a smart phone or an iPad.
- A computer or laptop to upload the video.
- A Youtube Account.
- Something to sell.
- An Ebay Account.
How to Record a Video for Youtube?
Now days most people have a video camera and do not even realize it. Most digital camera’s have built in video function which is often neglected. But really, everyone has a smart phone that can shoot video. Of course you can use an actual video camera as well. 1. Film your item and show a few details that the buyer would want to know. 2. Upload the video to your computer, usually by connecting the camera with the computer via USB. See how to transfer photos to your computer. Video is transferred the same from small devices. 3. You can use Windows movie maker to edit the video if needed. It comes free with Windows. If you have a late version of windows then movie maker can be downloaded for free. 4. Then save your movie on your computer and upload the video to Youtube. 5. Once your video has been uploaded to Youtube, you need to give it a good title and description. 6. You can now embed the video code from Youtube into other websites. The video will play on most websites, even though it is stored on Youtube. It is easy to transfer files from a smartphone or an iPad. You simply have to connect the device and copy the file from the device. For an Ipad you might need to sync it to transfer files from your iPad.
Extra Tips For Creating A Youtube Video For Ebay
- Do not brand the video with crazy stuff. You are there to sell the item you have listed on Ebay.
- Do not create annotations and links to other videos unless they are directly related to your product.
- Put a link on Youtube in your video description linking back to your Ebay listing.
- When the listing is over, be sure to change the link on Youtube to something else useful.
How to Add Youtube Video to Your Ebay Listing?
- When you are selling an item and writing a description there is a html section there.
- You will need to get the embed HTML code from the Youtube video. This article can help: How to embed Youtube video HTML into your WordPress or Blogger blog.
- Go to your video on youtube.com and press on the share button and then the Embed Button below the video. The embed details will appear.
- You can resize the video by choosing different options for embedding.
How to add youtube video to ebay description
- When you are finished, highlight the html code by making it blue. Right click on the blue and choose copy from the menu.
- Paste this html code into the html section of your description in your Ebay listing.
Using video to sell your product on Ebay will put you ahead of your competition. Not many people are doing it yet, so why not be one of the first.