More Youtube video tips
Watching videos, movie clips, music video clips, and more on Youtube is great, however it is even better when you can watch the video clip anytime you like. Now the latest “thing” is to download the your favorite Youtube video, convert it to a suitable video format, and save it to your computer.
Youtube videos are usually FLV video format which stands for Flash Video Movie. This format is not compatible with most video or movie players that people have on their computers and therefore we have to convert the Youtube video.
There are websites you can visit that will convert a YouTube video into your choice of video format and then let you download it for free. These sites are great, however I have a free program that I downloaded that will do all that for you and more.
Its called Any Video Converter and it is a free program, with an option to upgrade for more features to be available. I must say it is a very impressive program and after you have used it you will see how easy it is to use. You can go to my Download Software page to get a direct link to the download.
What you need to download and convert Youtube videos:
- program to download and convert Youtube videos. In this case I am using a Free program called Any Video Converter. Download Software You should install this software before copying the URL.
- You need to get the url of the Youtube video that you want to download and save.
How to get the URL of a YouTube video:
- Open your internet browser and go to www.youtube.com .
- Find a video that you want to download and convert.
- When you are watching the video there is a box to the right of the video that says URL. Make that writing blue and right click on it and choose copy.
- You can also copy the URL from the top address bar. If you have problems you can see how to cut, copy and paste.
How to download and convert a Youtube Video with Any Video Converter:
- Open the program. Then copy the Youtube video URL.
- Press on the Youtube icon and a box will appear.
- Paste the URL in there and press OK.
- From the drop down menu on the right, choose the video format that you want to make your YouTube video into.
- Now press on the encode icon.
Watch this video tutorial on how to download and convert a Youtube video
- It is up to you to check out the copyright law in your country when it comes to downloading YouTube videos.
- To see the finished YouTube video, go to the file menu and choose go to output folder. It will take you to where the converted video is.
- With this free program you can convert the YouTube video to dvd pal, dvd ntsc, avi, wmv, mp4, and wav.
- If you choose to convert to avi it will play in your Windows Media player.
- You can also go to an online converter to download your YouTube video like http://www.zamzar.com/ or www.savevid.com .