Sometimes you can copy a DVD or backup your home movies that are on DVD disc without having to use a program to shrink the contents. When your dvd data is larger than 4.7gb you will have to shrink it to fit on a normal blank DVD disc. I usually use DVD Shrink for that.
You can simply copy or backup a DVD disc with Nero Express if:
- You have a DVD burner installed into your computer.
- Your data or movie on the DVD disc is smaller than 4.7gb.
- You are legally allowed to backup or copy the disc. (There are different laws for different countries)
How to Backup a DVD disc with Nero Express:
- Open Nero Express
- Put the DVD disc that you want to copy in your dvd burner
- Go to the drop down menu at the top
- Make sure you choose DVD and not cd
- Then move along the menu and choose Backup
- Then form this menu that appears, choose Copy DVD
After this you must choose some settings to copy your DVD disc. The most important one is to set the source drive (Where the disc is you want to copy) and your destination drive (Where the blank DVD will be). You can also change a few other settings, however when you are a beginner it is best to keep it simple. All you have to do is have the right dvd disc in your dvd burner and Nero will do the rest.
Watch this video tutorial for more information.
- You can put your DVD disc in your DVD burner and Nero will read the disc and then ask you to insert a blank DVD to write to.
- You can also choose to set a lower writing speed which sometimes is better for detailed data like movies