We all know how important it is to backup our computer data files. Especially considering that now days everyone is clogging up their computer with pictures, photos, music files, and all sorts of data. Even if you don’t know how to get photos onto your computer, someone will probably send you some through the email. There is no getting around it.
To backup your data files, pictures, music, photos, and other files to a normal blank cd will not work. A blank cd will only hold approx 700mb of data. Therefore it is necessary to backup files to a blank dvd disc which will hold up to 4.7gb of data and files.
As the Windows built in cd burner program does not burn to dvd discs, I use Nero to do the job.
When you backup your data files, pictures, and music to DVD disc, you can feel relieved because your files will be safe. You never know when the computer may crash and loose everything permanently.
How to Backup your files to DVD disc with Nero Express:
- Open Nero Express
- Put a blank DVD disc in your DVD burner
- Go to the drop down menu at the top
- Make sure you choose DVD and not cd
- Then move along the menu and choose Data
- Then form this menu that appears, choose Make Data DVD
- Now press on the Add Files button
- Now you can browse for files or folders to add to your data DVD disc
- When you have finished press Next, then burn
Nero will find your DVD burner and the blank disc you have put into your DVD drive. If you have more than one burner you may have to choose it from a drop down menu. This is called the destination drive. This is where the end product is going to end up. Here is A list of the most important computer system files and folders to Backup For more information watch this video tutorial below.
- You can also burn your files to a blank cd using Windows in built cd burner however your total file sizes must be under 700mb. See How to burn a Cd using Windows XP. Most people will have more files to backup so you need to use a DVD disc which holds 4.7gb of data. That’s six and half times a CD.
- Keeping your computer neat and tidy helps you with the backup process. This way you know where everything is and can copy it easily. Here’s how to Organize your Computer