The benefits of having a digital camera are endless. You can take pictures, choose to delete them or save them, then transfer them to a computer, all without having to develop anything. Transferring the photo’s from your digital camera is usually an automatic process and you possibly will never have a problem, however if the scanner and camera wizard does not pop up follow this step by step article to enable it. Where is the Scanner and Camera Wizard?
Nowadays we have the option to transfer photos to your computer through a wireless connection by inserting an Eye-fi card into your digital camera to make it wireless.
The Automatic Camera and Scanner Wizard is not the only program you can transfer photos with. Most digital camera’s come with a program that will help do this. For example a Kodak digital camera comes with its own program that will let you transfer and edit the photos on your computer. When you install a program like this, it will be set to auto play when you plug in your digital camera.
How to use the Automatic Scanner and Camera wizard to transfer photo’s?
When you start the Scanner and Camera Wizard it scans your digital camera and shows the pictures that it contains.
- Here you can choose which pictures you would like to transfer.
- To select a picture to transfer from your digital camera, check the box.
- You can also choose to select all or clear all and manually choose the pictures you want , one by one.
- Once you have finished choosing which photos you want to transfer from your digital camera, click next.
- Now you can type in a group name for the pictures. Whatever name you put here will be the name of all the photo’s. They will also have an individual number added to the end.
- Then you can choose where to save your pictures. Click on browse to choose a folder.
- If you want to delete the pictures from the digital camera after they have been transferred, check the box shown below.
Notes on transferring photos to your computer:
- Most people store their photos in the My Picture folder that is in My Documents.
- Some digital camera’s come with their own software, however if you can use the built in wizard it will save your computer space. Picture editing programs usually slow your computer down..
- Digital camera’s have enabled the average home user to perform professional edits to their photos. It all depends on the digital camera’s editing software and your picture quality.
- If your smartphone is your digital camera you can still connect the computer with the cables provided. You can also email photos to your computer, that is if they are not too large. I have an 8 MP camera on a Samsung S4 and the photos are pretty large.
Do not forget to check out the Eye-fi SD card as it can make your digital camera wireless and this means no more connecting cords to the computer.