Applies to Windows Vista See Windows XP
When I connect my digital camera to my computer I like the program that will extract the photos to automatically open. If this does not happen you can change your settings in Windows Vista or Windows Seven. For example you might want to start the scanner and camera wizard when you plug in your digital camera. Here’s how to choose a program to start when your digital camera is connected to your computer.
Connect your digital camera to your computer and turn it on.
- Go to the Start menu, choose control panel.
- Double click on the Default Programs icon.
- Click on Change Auto play settings.
Scroll down to find your digital camera.
- From the drop down menu you can choose what program you want to start when you plug in your digital camera.
- If you do not have any photo extracting programs on your computer, only the built in Windows Vista program will be an option.
- If you choose Open Device to view files using Windows Explorer a dialog box will appear showing you the contents of your camera.
- You can also choose to take no action, however most people like to have their photos taken from their digital cameras automatically.
- If you do not want a program to open when you connect your digital camera, you can simply open a program that you want first, connect your camera, and press the appropriate button to extract the photos.
See more digital camera tips
Please feel free to comment below. Let us know which program you prefer to open automatically when you plug in your digital camera?