An individual’s iPod Touch may become scratched from a variety of reasons. This can be from either sliding the iPod device across a table, dropping it on asphalt or a concrete driveway, as well as accidentally scratching it against other items. However, there are three common homemade fixes to remedy three basic scratched problems with an iPod Touch device.
#1. Remove scratches from the iPod Touch touch-screen display
There are many iPod owners who may have encountered scratches on their iPod Touch at one time or another. Scratches may happen from keys, sliding an iPod Touch in and out of a pocket, or any other variations. One may repair scratches on the touch-screen of their iPod Touch by following these techniques:
- Acquire display polish that is safe for use with iPod devices and apply the product as intended to the iPod Touch display screen.
- Afterwards, the individual may use a clean, dust-free cloth to rub the display polish into the screen in a circular motion.
- Once done, the scratches on the touch-screen should be filled in; however, the process may need to be repeated if necessary.
#2. Remove scratches from the casing of the iPod Touch
Often times, one of the places on an iPod Touch that gets scratched the most is the actual casing of the device. While the back of an iPod Touch is polished to perfection when new, it slowly starts to dull with accompanying scratches. Following a couple steps, someone may repair the scratches on the casing of their iPod Touch as well.
- One should acquire a specific cleaning spray that is compatible with iPod devices; afterwards, they may spray the product as directed into a soft, lint-free cloth.
- Next, the person should rub the product onto the casing of the iPod Touch in a circular motion to remove any grime marks, scuffs or scratches that are present. The process should be repeated if necessary.
#3. Re-shine the bezel of the iPod Touch
The bezel frame of an [easyazon-link asin=”B002M3SOC4″ locale=”us”]Apple iPod touch[/easyazon-link] can also become damaged over time due to the iPod being taken in and out of someone’s pocket, slid across countertops and tables or other situations. The bezel frame of an iPod Touch may still be repaired by following these steps:
- Before using the cleaning material to repair the bezel frame, one should cover the touch-screen display and the casing unit of the iPod Touch to avoid causing marks.
- One should obtain a sponge with a coarse edge to be used to repair the bezel frame.[easyazon-image align=”right” asin=”B008XV7VTG” locale=”us” height=”400″ src=”http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51TcOIKdDYL.jpg” width=”300″]
- Next, the individual may dampen the sponge and gently use the coarse side to brush the bezel frame of the iPod Touch.
- The process may be repeated in sections across the bezel frame of the iPod Touch. Afterwards, the bezel frame should be shiny as if new again.
For those that follow these homemade fixes for their iPod Touch, they will be able to effectively repair a variety of scratches from their touch-screen display to the actual casing on the unit itself.
Morgan is freelance journalist for the mobile technology industry. For more information about iPod touch repair please visit ifixandrepair.com