If for some reason you would like to remove the documents link from your Windows start menu, then look no further. We all know that there are default links that are stuck to the start menu that sometimes we wish we could hide. Well we can. And this whole process is so easy, you can do it in less than a minute, without having to restart your computer.
Remove the documents link from the start menu
- Go the the start menu icon in the left bottom corner.
- Right click on it and a menu will appear.
- Choose properties from the menu.
- Go to the Start menu tab.
- Press on the customise button.
- Browse down through the list until you come to the documents section.
- Choose the option Dont’ display this item.
- Press Ok, then OK again.
- Now go to the start menu and your documents link will be missing. See the screenshot below.
It is a great way of hiding easy access to your files if you need to share your computer with someone. Children especially find it hard to find the documents folder if it is not in the start menu. Of course there are so many paths you can take to get there, but not everyone knows how to do this.