If you just can’t find your operating system disc and your computer can be accessed, then you can also open the system recovery options menu from within your computer.
You will need to restart your computer so it is best to make sure there are no discs in the drives or USB connected.
Open The System Recovery Options Menu
1. Restart your computer. Hold the F8 key down on your keyboard as it starts. You need to do this before Windows has a chance to load. If you are too slow then you need to restart again, which can take a while as you now don’t want to interrupt the loading processes.
2. Pressing F8 will bring up the advanced boot options menu.
3. Now you can choose to repair your computer.
4. Select a keyboard layout and click on next.
5. Now you will see the system recovery options.
- If you don’t see the option to repair your computer then this option might have been turned off by a system administrator.
- Also if you don’t see this repair option, maybe your computer doesn’t have this handy recovery option available.
- If you have more than one operating system then you will be prompted to choose which one to repair.