When browsing the internet, Internet Explorer gathers temporary internet files along its journey. Some times these files can get corrupted or damaged and start to cause problems with Internet Explorer.
To determine whether a performance issue or an error message is caused by corruption in the temporary Internet files or in other cached information that is used by Internet Explorer, you must clear cached data by clearing out the temporary internet files.
How to delete Browsing history and temporary files Internet Explorer 7
- Open Internet Explorer 7.
- Click Tools, and then click Delete Browsing History.
- In Delete Browsing History, click Delete All.
- Click to select the Also delete files and settings stored by add-ons check box, and then click OK.
How to delete Browsing history and temporary files Internet Explorer 8
- Open Internet Explorer 8.
- Click Safety, and then click Delete Browsing History.
- In Delete Browsing History area, click Delete.
A progress bar is displayed to indicate that the browsing history is being cleared. After this process is complete, test Internet Explorer to verify that it works correctly. If issues still occur, try Method 2.