If you need an Amazon access key or Amazon secret key you are probably trying to set-up an E-commerce website or maybe configuring settings for a WordPress plugin. Either way, it can be confusing when you visit the Amazon Web Services site as there are a lot of option there.
The first time I needed to enter an Amazon Access ID into a WordPress Plugin, it took some time to work out how to find this mysterious key.
How to Get Your Amazon Access ID and Amazon Secret Key
Please note, to follow this tutorial you will need to have an Amazon account.
1. Go to Amazon Web Services http://aws.amazon.com/.
2. Login to your account.
3. Go to the top menu where it says My account/Console. See the screenshot below.
4. You will see a menu on the left. Click on Security Credentials. See the screenshot below.
5. Now you will see a heading “Access Credentials” as shown below in the screenshot.
6. You will also see your Access Key ID. There may be more than one.
7. Choose one and copy the number.
8. To see the secret access key to match, press on Show. You can copy this number also.
How to Create a New Access Key?
If you do not see an Amazon access key you can create one. See the screenshot below.