Mozilla Firefox is the web browser that is used by most of the people in the world. People like it because it has some unique features. Well whatever the browser you are using, your privacy is a must. Surfing on net is not secure and it can store more and more about your personal information. It sounds good that you don’t need to fill all the information again and again if you are filling a form there, but sometimes it becomes irritating when you see all the personal things are also being shown there.
Of course your privacy is a big issue on browsers if you are sharing your computer with other people. They may misuse your information and can harm your personal life. If you use a system in cyber café or using a shared computer, you never want these histories or things to be seen by others. This is why we should regularly delete temporary files and browser cache.
What Data is Saved in the Firefox History
• Cookies: This stores the site preferences and log in details and the information about the sites you have visited. Mostly it is used by third parties to track your sites.
• Browse History: This is the list that shows all the information about visited sites.
• Download History: It gives information about the files you have downloaded on the web.
• Search bar and form History: In search bar history there are item you have entered into Firefox’s search bar and when you have filled up any form over the net it shows the form auto fill up.
• Cache: This is the store for impermanent files like web pages and online media Firefox downloaded from the internet to increase the speed of loading pages.
• Offline Website Data: Here a website can store files on your computer to make you to use it when you are not using internet.
• Site Preferences: Here you can view details like character encoding, permission for sites and site specific preferences.
• Active Logins: These are connection that uses basic certification. When you login to a website that is encrypted that is known active.
Deleting history is not a big problem as it is very simple and anyone can do it with some simple steps. To delete the history on Firefox just open the tools bar then find the option called clear recent history, after clicking on that they will ask you how much history you want to delete like 1 hour, 2 hours 1 week etc. You have to choose according to your need. You will also be asked that which type of history you want to delete like cookies, site preferences, clear cache or forms and searches etc.
What About Other Browsers?
Also see this article about clearing browser cache in Chrome, Internet Explorer and Firefox.
Buy Software to do the Job
It is not just about security, you need to delete these unwanted files in order to keep your computer running fast and healthy.
Trying to make your computer run faster and stay clean manually can take a serious amount of time. I have already proved this with a computer maintenance video I made that turned out to be very long and boring! It shows me performing computer maintenance manually. Therefore taking the easy way out and using software to clean your computer is a smart idea.
The most famous software to help speed up your computer is PC Matic from PC Pitstop. This software will:
- Accelerate Downloads
- High Threat Security Test
- Malware Detection
- Remove Junk Files & Craplets
- TweakInternet Settings for Top Speed
- Eliminate Registry Errors
- Active Malware Protection
- Hard Drive Defrag & Optimization
- Automatic Driver updates & Enhancements
- Detailed System Specs Report
- Your PC Ranking Worldwide
- User Satisfaction Report
Get a Free Scan from PC Matic to see how you can make your computer run faster.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Sarah_William_Jones