A cd photo slide show is a great way to share photos with your friends and family. You can send them a cd in the post for as little as $1.00 and all they have to do is pout it in their computer and the photo slide show will start.
This is also handy for sending your photos to non computer savvy people who just like to have things work automatically without having to find the pictures or try to view them on their computer.
To create a photo slide show you will need:
- A genuine copy of Windows XP.
- You will need to download the free cd slide show power toy from the Microsoft website here. Install the program by choosing run when the download has finished.
- You will need some photos on your computer.
- A blank cd.
How to choose photos for your cd slide show:
The simplest way to choose the photos for your cd slide show is to right click on the individual file and choose send to, then choose to send to your cd drive.
The file will be put in the writeable cd folder, waiting for more to be added. See more details on How to burn a Cd using Windows XP
If you want to select more than one photo at a time, hold the ctrl key down when you are selecting photos. When they are all blue, right click on a blue bit and choose send to cd drive.
Every time you add a file to the writeable cd folder a balloon notification will appear in the taskbar. You can double click on this balloon to see what you have added that is going to be burnt to a cd.
How to make the photo cd slide show after adding photos:
- Double click on the balloon to open the writeable cd folder.
- Press on Write these files to CD in the left column. (See Screenshot below)
- Now the cd writing wizard will appear.
- Choose a name for your cd, then press next.
- Then choose Yes, add a picture viewer. Then press next.
- When you have finished your cd will have its own autorun.exe file on the cd which will start the slide show.
- If the cd drive is not on auto play, when you insert the cd you can choose to view files and then double-click on the autorun.exe file.