We all know what its like to suffer with a slow computer and who has the time to fix it? Not me. I can do all sorts of things with computers but why bother when a program can do it for me? Of course, it is not always necessary to spend money, but in this situation it was a case of spend a buck to save time.
Previously I have made a video showing how to speed up your pc by manually performing computer maintenance. It clearly showed me removing programs, deleting temporary files, deleting unwanted files, defragging the files, and more. The video turned out to be 17 minutes long even after trying to skip a few items on the computer maintenance list.
Here is the video just in case you are too lazy to click the link to check it out. But be warned…don’t fall asleep watching this long and boring video!
Anyway I just didn’t have time to do all this computer maintenance so I decided to use PcMatic to clean up my computer to run faster. All I had to do was start the program and press the scan button for it to remove 519 MB’s of junk contained in 23422 different files, alter 23 different internet settings to optimize my connection, remove annoying programs from startup, and loads more.
Clean Up My Computer To Run Faster Using PcMatic
Here is the exact list of tasks that PcMatic carried out just from me pressing a mere start button.
- 519 MB’s of junk contained in 23422 different files was removed.
- 23 internet settings fixed.
- 3 performance tweaks applied.
- QuickTime Task was removed from startup.
- Adobe Reader Speed Launcher was removed from startup.
- GrooveMonitor was removed from startup.
- HP Software Update was removed from startup.
- Google Update was removed from startup.
- Adobe ARM was removed from startup.
- The AESTFilters service was optimized.
- The hpsrv service was optimized.
- The LMS service was optimized.
- The UNS service was optimized.
- The DvmMDES service was optimized.
- The HPWMISVC service was optimized.
- The HP Support Assistant Service service was optimized.
- The \GoogleUpdateTaskUserS-1-5-21-1666698429-1808711066-3443947329-1001Core scheduled task was removed.
- The \GoogleUpdateTaskUserS-1-5-21-1666698429-1808711066-3443947329-1001UA scheduled task was removed.
- C Drive
- Total Fragmentation went from 2.91% to 1.23%.
- Data Fragmentation went from 17.43% to 7.65%.
- C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\SetupCache\v4.5.50938\NetFx_Full_LDR.mzz is no longer highly fragmented.
- C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\SetupCache\v4.5.50938\NetFx_Full_GDR.mzz is no longer highly fragmented.
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\AppCrash_svchost.exe_SysM_159195268cc6b9ba7f471d6e6d033481748dd8_cab_124a9198\WER8C8B.tmp.hdmp is no longer highly fragmented.
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\AppCrash_svchost.exe_SysM_c0c92b7118f4ecf4ed9843ccfca33cc2acb0c55f_cab_21940066\WERFC14.tmp.hdmp is no longer highly fragmented.
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\AppCrash_svchost.exe_SysM_4f2cf4f4b588f32d2892d764e5a33f87ea4c83a_cab_0eb83d7e\WER392D.tmp.hdmp is no longer highly fragmented.
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\AppCrash_svchost.exe_SysM_4c72059af15bf6d86d4aafdcaff73b449a76_cab_0b28cd16\WERC9BE.tmp.hdmp is no longer highly fragmented.
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\AppCrash_svchost.exe_SysM_fda185e353ae3159b358eb4a5d5faee460a8166d_cab_07cd7263\WER6ECC.tmp.hdmp is no longer highly fragmented.
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\AppCrash_huxley.library.w_d22e980fa282f66baff128af588ae97291a94_cab_13654628\WER107A.tmp.hdmp is no longer highly fragmented.
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\AppCrash_huxley.library.w_bf53b2b1cc239459f91c85950b67b303121993c_cab_032789b8\WER17C6.tmp.hdmp is no longer highly fragmented.
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\AppCrash_hpwa_service.exe_0c29fa74ab0a1296046461d0aca7b8d07afe9f_cab_1169ae4b\WER89EA.tmp.hdmp is no longer highly fragmented.
- 1 malware identified and removed
- 1 tracking cookies were detected and removed
- Adobe AIR was updated from version 18.104.22.16820 to 22.214.171.124
- Adobe Reader MUI was updated from version 9.5.5 to 11.0.07
- Adobe Shockwave was updated from version 126.96.36.1991 to 188.8.131.52
- iTunes was updated from version 10.4.0.80 to 184.108.40.206
- Java 32 was updated from version 7.0.550 to 7.0.600
- Java 64 was updated from version 6.0.170 to 7.0.600
- QuickTime was updated from version 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168
- Drivers were up to date (no action taken)
- 83 registry fixes applied.
DIY Options To Clean Up The Computer
I have a hundred or more tutorials showing you how to perform all this computer maintenance yourself so you can speed up your computer on the cheap. For example you can enter msconfig to disable startup programs, delete temporary files manually, update your drivers, and you can even remove old programs you are no longer using.
This is all true and fairly easy, but there are a few maintenance jobs I wouldn’t even attempt like fixing registry entries. Also a program like PcMatic will find out what tasks need to be performed. Maybe you have a Solid State Drive that doesn’t require defragging or maybe you are missing an important update. These are aspects that might be overlooked by a mere human manually performing maintenance.
Clean Up My Computer To Run Faster Using PcMatic – Conclusion
After running this program my computer was instantly faster. Programs opened in a flash, the internet seemed faster, and starting up and shutting down time had improved considerably. I was more than happy with the results and still had time to do other more important things.
If you can’t perform all this computer maintenance yourself, I highly recommend a program like PcMatic.