I was amazed to see the new WordPress updates to include an auto embed Twitter links feature that is just too cool not to mention. It is so easy! You add your link in and this wonderful looking Twitter box appears. Not just that!! People can press on it and share you Tweet without leaving your website.
So here it is…
— Tips4pc (@Tips4pc) August 29, 2012
I went to Twitter and grabbed the url to one of my tweets and simply pasted it into my post and this is what I ended up with.
How to Find The URL of a Tweet?
1. Go to Twitter and when you see a Tweet you like simply click on it.
2. The Tweet will expand and you will then see a Details link. Click on that.
3. You will be taken to the next page where the tweet will be showing.
4. Now you can go to the internet browser address bar, select it by making it blue.
5. Right click on it and from the menu choose copy.
See the screenshot below.
My Twitter Link Will Not Work?
Here are some troubleshooting tips if your Twitter link does not appear like mine has above.
- Paste the link into the html section in your WordPress post as you do not want it to become a link.
- Make sure the link is on its own line and not active.
- Make sure you have copied the Twitter URL correctly.
That’s about it. You link should work fine now.
What Else Can you Auto Embed into WordPress?
WordPress has added an entire list of embeds. But obviously the main one I noticed was how easy it is to embed a Youtube video. All you have to do is add the link, not active, into the html section of your post and on its own line. (You can paste it into the visual section if it is not active)