Applies to Windows Vista and Windows XP
You can choose your own rating levels in the Windows Content Advisor.
- Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button, and then choose Internet Explorer.
- Click the Tools from the menu at the top, and then click Internet Options.
- Click the Content tab, and then, under the heading Content Advisor, click Settings, and then type the supervisor password.
- Select the category (by making it blue) in the Select a category to view the ratings levels list, and then move the slider to adjust the level.
- You can choose none, limited, or unrestricted.
- When you’ve set a level for each category, click Apply, then OK.
- When setting your rating levels for each category in content advisor, choosing none means that no sites in that category will be allowed to seen on the internet.
- If you choose unrestricted there will be no limits on that category.
- As all sites are not rated, you can individually block or allow a site.
- When setting your rating levels, go through the list and set levels for all categories.