If you have a website you can embed MSN Windows Live into your website pages so people can chat with you and ask questions when you appear online. They could be anywhere in the world, visiting your website, see you online, and begin to chat with you. I think this is fantastic because it is a great service and it is free.
Can you embed MSN Windows Live chat into any website?
Yes, as long as you can paste the script into your website. For example if you have a WordPress website you could paste the script into a widget for the sidebar.
Why would you want to embed MSN Windows Live chat into a website?
There are many good reasons for embedding MSN Windows Live into your website, however the main one is the personal touch. Website visitors can actually chat with you personally. People love that. Its also great if you have a forum and someone needs to chat or get help asap. Its all about customer service.
How to embed MSN Windows Live chat into your website?
- Make sure you are signed up to use Windows Live chat with an email and password.
- Go to http://settings.messenger.live.com/Applications/WebSettings.aspx
- See the screenshot below. Tick the box next to Allow anyone on the web to see my presence and send me messages.
- Press on Create HTML in the left column. See screenshot below.
- You can now choose to show an entire window, a button, or just an icon, to show your status.
- When you have made your choices, copy the code and paste it into your website.
Would you embed MSN Windows Live Messenger into your website?