When you download something from the internet, you want know where the files goes, because it is frustrating when you cannot find your Google chrome downloads.
Therefore it is sometimes better to change your default downloads folder location. In this article we will base this tutorial on Google Chrome.
Have you tried Google Chrome as an alternative to Microsoft Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox while browsing the Internet? If not, you should give this browser a whirl. Not only is it faster…it definitely provides a more secure Internet browser session. In today’s world of cyber security threats, being more secure is a great reason to begin using the Google Chrome browser. This is based on my past research.
Ok…so enough about security in this post.
Change the default download location on my computer to a different location within Google Chrome?
You say, I don’t want the default location of c:users/username/downloads. I want to use a location that is easier to remember. There is a very simple answer. Please check out the following:
1. Open Google Chrome
2. Click on the Wrench icon in the top right hand corner
3. Click on Options
4. Click on Under The Hood on the left hand side
5. In the Downloads section in the middle, click on Browse
6. You can now navigate to the folder you would like to use for downloads. If there is not a folder name that you like, just click New Folder and create one. Once you have highlighted the folder you want to use for Downloads, simply click OK.
7. Now that you have chosen the new downloads folder, close the window and the options will be saved.
That’s it. Hope this helps you solve this mystery.
Which browser do feel is more secure? I would love to hear what think. Feel free to leave me a comment below. Would you like to change your default downloads folder location in Google Chrome so you can be in control of where your downloaded files are going?