When you insert a music cd into your cd drive to rip the music files to your computer, I like Windows media player to start automatically and start the job for me. I hate having to open Windows Media Player, wait for the songs to load, and then figure out where the files are going.
Automatically rip a music cd when you insert it
- Open Windows Media Player
- Go to the menu at the top and choose Tools
- From the drop down menu choose Options
- Go to the copy music Tab
- Put a tick in the box next to Copy CD when inserted
- Press Change and you can browse for where you want to store your music that is ripped from cd’s.
- You can also choose the quality of the audio file that your rip from the cd. A higher quality takes up more space.
- Next time you insert a music cd Windows Media Player it will open and start ripping the music.
- Ripping your music to your computer allows you to put it onto an ipod or mp3 player.
- If you decide to just listen to a music cd in your computer you will need to disable this auto ripping.