Sometimes when you put a command into the run window the Windows cmd window flashes and closes before you can see it. Why does it disappear like that? It is very annoying and it leaves you unsure whether the cmd you typed in was actually completed or not?
How to make the dos command window stay on the screen?
If you are having this problem then try typing cmd /k before the command and the window will stay there. For example if you want to type the command net use to see your network connections into the run box, the dos command window will flash up and then disappear. To make it stay on the screen simply type cmd /k net use
More Examples of how to make the dos command window stay on the screen:
- cmd /k bootcfg Shows you which partition Windows is installed on.
- cmd /k defrag c: Defrags C: drive
- cmd /k ipconfig /all Shows the Ip numbers for computers on your network.
Notes on where did the dos command window go?
- If you are reading this article you must already know How to bring up the Windows run box?
- To renew a DHCP-assigned IP address configuration for only the Local Area Connection adapter, type: ipconfig /renew “Local Area Connection” This should be typed from the command window, or in the run box if you put cmd /k in front of it.
- How to bring back the Desktop tab when it is missing from the display properties
- Disk cleanup stops working and will not remove files in Windows
- Network printer has problems printing – You do not have permission to use selected printer.
- Cmd Windows Disappears when you type a command in the run box
- How to restore the Run command window when it is missing from the start menu
- How to get to regedit and gpedit.msc when there is no run or command window
- Internet Connection Troubleshoot Internet Connection Problems