Everyone knows how annoying it is when your internet connection drops out or it just won’t work at all. It always happens just when you have to urgently have to send an email or do internet banking. Below I have listed some troubleshooting ideas I have used when my internet connection goes down. Now days the newer computers will tell you exactly what the problem is and will fix it for you if possible. However this does not always work.
Troubleshoot your Broadband Internet Connection.
Things you can try
- Check all plugs and cords
- Turn your modem off
- Repair the connection
- Restart Your Computer
- Re-install your modem
- Paid the Bill?
- Network Conflict
Check all plugs and cords. Make sure they are connected properly. Sometimes a clip breaks off the Ethernet cable which enables it to slip out easily. This sounds very simply and obvious and this is why people overlook it.
- Turn your modem off. Wait. Then turn it on again. This will reset the modem and start a fresh.
- Repair the connection by going to the Start Menu>Control Panel>Network Connections Right click on your internet icon and choose repair from the drop down menu.
- Restart Your Computer If you had an internet connection and then it disappears it could sometimes be as simple as restarting your computer.
- Re-install your modem. Sometimes after formatting your computer you may need to use your internet service providers install disc to get your settings right.
- Paid the Bill? Obviously if you do not pay your bill there will be no internet connection
- Network conflict. If you have a few computers on your home network, if one or more have the same name there will be a conflict.