I like to control everything about my computer, including where my program files get installed. Sometimes I make the default directory on another drive, instead of the default, which is c:
Here’s how. First you have to get into the registry.
- Go to the Start menu at the bottom left corner. Choose run from the menu.
- Type in regedit and then press OK.
- Windows Registry Editor will appear.
- Press the + sign next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
- Then press on the + sign next to Software. This will open another menu.
- Scroll down to Microsoft. Press the + sign to open. Then Scroll to Windows, press the + sign to open.
- Then press on the word Current version making it blue.
- In the right column a list will appear. (pictured below)
9. Double click on Program Files Dir And change the path to whatever you like.