If you are needing to clear Internet browser cache you must be experiencing some of the annoying problems that it can cause. Browser cache can make you think you are in a time warp or maybe even going crazy. You might experience a sense of deja vu when browsing the internet as you might be shown cached pages that can serve you yesterdays news. This means that if a website is updated you seriously could be viewing an old version.
I often have to clear internet browser cache as I work on websites and cannot see the updates I have made until I clear the cache.
What is Internet browser cache?
Internet browser cache is really the same as the Temporary Internet Files folder.
It is a collection records form your internet browsing sessions. This includes images, sounds, cookies, webpages,and more. If you inspected these files you would be shocked to see that even a mere favicon from a website you might visit is collected.
Why is the Internet browser cache stored?
You are probably wondering why the hell we need to store all this junk when browsing the internet? I sometimes think this as well, however if these files were not stored you would definitely slow your internet browsing down. These files are stored in your cache to make web browsing faster. The items stored in the temporary internet folder can be accessed quicker than downloading the same thing over and over. For example certain elements of a website that you visit often will be stored to ensure a smoother experience.
Why do you need to clear internet browser cache?
- Viewing old versions of websites
- Your internet browsing is struggling
- Your cache is full
Clear Internet Browser Cache in Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome.
2. Go to the right corner and looker for the spanner.
3. Click on it to see the menu. Choose options from the menu. See the screen shot below.
4. The Google chrome options will appear. Click on the button that says Clear browsing data.
5. A Clear browsing data box will appear.
6. Tick the boxes that you want to delete.
Your choices include: Clear browsing history, Clear download history, Empty the cache, Delete cookies and other site data, Clear saved passwords, Clear saved form data.
Clear Internet Browser Cache in Mozilla Firefox
1. Open Firefox and go to the tools menu.
2. From the menu choose Clear recent History. See the screen shot below.
3. The clear Recent history box will appear.
4. Tick the box next to cache to clear internet browser cache.
Here is a video on how to clear browser cache in Firefox.
Clear Internet Browser Cache in Internet Explorer
Here’s how to clear Internet browser cache in Internet Explorer.
1. Press on the wired thing in the right corner. The menu will appear.
2. Choose Internet options.
3. On the General tab, under the browsing history section, press on the delete button.
4. Again you can choose what to delete. I always try to not delete my saved passwords as I hate typing them in all the time..I am too lazy to get roboform.
If I have not covered the instructions for your particular browser, as you can see they are all very similar. Let us know how often you clear internet browser cache?
Install a program to do it all for you! Speed up your computer!
Many people are still not sure if it is safe to remove temporary internet files or clear browser cache from their computer. I understand this so for those people I would recommend software to do the job for them.
A software program will not upgrade your memory but it will clean out all the junk files including browser cache, detect Malware, delete unused registry keys, Automatic Driver updates, and more. At the moment I am using PC Matic to maintain everything for me. This software is amazing and has won a number of top awards. You can get a free scan for your computer to see how it works before you buy.
Now you know how to clear internet browser cache!