If you need to recover a deleted file or folder that you have accidentally deleted this is not a problem. Well not as long as you can find the file in the Recycle bin.
When deleting a file or folder from your computer the best thing that I can recommend is to always think twice. Never delete any files or folders without taking that split second to reflect on the consequences.
Do you really need to delete that particular file right this second?
Many people delete files accidentally so here are a few tips to try and recover them:
Recovery of a deleted file or folder depends on:
- Whether the file or folder went to the recycle bin
- Wether it is still in the recycle bin or has it been deleted from there also?
- How long ago did the file or folder get deleted?
- Has it been over written by other files?
Obviously the best scenario would be to have just accidentally deleted a file or folder and it is still in the recycle bin.
How to recover a deleted file:
- Double click on the Recycle Bin on the desktop.
- Then right click on the correct file and choose to restore it.
If the file or folder has been deleted from the recycle bin you will need a program to recover them. As long as the space where the file originally existed hasn’t been overwritten. There is a free program to recover a deleted file. It does not always
- The best way to recover your deleted files or folders is to not delete them in the first place.
- Instead of deleting files to clean your computer off, backup all files, then after a month or so delete them then.
- Hide important files so children cannot accidentally delete them.