When you are a Webmaster it is important to speed up your website loading time, as website visitors nowadays are very impatient. When you are creating content and building your website, you always need to be aware of how fast the page is going to load. For example it is better to create fast loading graphics, minimal scripts loading, and definitely no flash if you can help it. Of course if we can all afford to have super fast website hosting then we wouldn’t have to worry about the stress of trying to speed up our websites. Unfortunately when most Webmasters choose their Web hosting it is usually judged by the cheapest Web hosting that will get.
If you would like to speed up your website loading time there are some other options out there, that will fit with your ordinary website hosting. I actually host all of my websites with Hostgator and this works really well with Cloudflare, as they have partnered up to work together. This could not be better news for you, as cloud for a is free and will speed up your website loading time as soon as you altar a few settings.
How does Cloudflare speed up your website loading time?
CloudFlare protects and speeds up your website loading time. Once your website is a part of the CloudFlare community, its web traffic is routed through their intelligent global network. They automatically optimize the delivery of your web pages so your visitors get the fastest page load times and best performance. They also block threats and limit abusive bots and crawlers from wasting your bandwidth and server resources. The result: CloudFlare-powered websites see a significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks.
Here are some statistics that I grabbed from my Cloudflare account showing how many real visitors I had to my website, and how many crawlersbots and threats I had to my website.
In the statistics section you can also see how much bandwidth Cloudflare is saving you. As you can see from the screenshot below it also shows how many requests were saved by this free service.
More features to help speed up your website loading time
- CloudFlare can be used by anyone with a website and their own domain, regardless of your choice in platform.
- From start to finish, setup takes most website owners less than 5 minutes.
- Adding your website requires only a simple change to your domain’s DNS settings.
- There is no hardware or software to install or maintain and you do not need to change any of your site’s existing code.
- If you are ever unhappy you can turn CloudFlare off as easily as you turned it on.
- Their core service is free and they offer enhanced services for websites who need extra features like real time reporting or SSL.
What else can Cloudflare do for you?
- cloud for a can automatically scramble your e-mail addresses on your website so they cannot be harvested by spammers.
- Automatically enable always online for web pages that lose connectivity or time out. Seamlessly bumps your visitors back to normal browsing when your site comes back online.
- Automatically performs a browser integrity check for all requests to your website by evaluating the HTTP headers for threat signatures. If a threat signature is found, the request will be denied.
How to add a website into Cloudflare?
I made a short video to show how to speed up your website loading time by installing Cloudflare. I noticed a significant difference after installing this fantastic service.
Speed up your website loading time – why?
There are a few good reasons to speed up your website loading time, and the main one would be to keep your visitors happy. As I said earlier, website visitors nowadays expect a fast website experience. Having a fast website can also reduce your bounce rate in Google Analytics, which is good your website. This is simply because people will be viewing more content because your website will be loading faster.
What else can you do to speed up your website loading times?
If you are using WordPress content management system then you can also install a few plug-ins to help you your website loading time. For example you can download WordPress super Cache or WP Total cache, which will also help with the loading times.
You can create fast loading graphics by optimizing your images.
You can install a Cache plug-in to help serve pages quickly.
You can install a minify plug-in to reduce script sizes.
You can get fast WordPress website hosting.
Would you like to Speed Up Your Website Loading Time for free?