Before opening the the Bluetooth device wizard, you will need to enable the Bluetooth device that you want your computer to connect to. If it is a mobile phone you will have to enter the settings menu on your phone to enable your Bluetooth mobile phones signal to be found or discoverable.
If your are connecting a computer Bluetooth mouse or keyboard, make sure there are batteries in the device, then switch it on or press the connect button.
How to connect to a mobile phone, mouse, or keyboard, with the Add Bluetooth device wizard:
The first thing you need is a Bluetooth adapter either in-built or added onto your computer (most new laptops have a Bluetooth adapter in-built)
Then you must make sure that your device is available to find (DISCOVERABLE) or is on.
- Open the add Bluetooth device wizard either by double clicking on the icon in the taskbar notification area, or by going to the control panel and double clicking on the Bluetooth icon.
- When the Bluetooth devices window appears, go to the devices tab
- Press on the Add button to start the add Bluetooth device wizard
- When the wizard opens tick the box that says my Bluetooth device is set up and ready to be found.
- In the screenshot above I would click on ME 2 which is a new device. Notice that the other devices say Already connected underneath them.
- Then press next.
- Now you can choose to enter a pass key or let the computer choose one for you.
- If your Bluetooth device has a manufacturers pass key then enter it in.
- If you choose to let the computer get a pass key, you will have to enter this into the device you want to connect.
- If there is a manufacturer’s pass key or a pass key you have set it is best to use this as it saves time.
- The device you want to connect to must be in range to connect to.