You can not only embed Youtube video into your PowerPoint presentation but you can also save the entire presentation to a CD to distribute or share around. And the video can be any movie you like, not just one you have downloaded off Youtube. It could be a home movie, business production, commercial, or even a video tutorial.
What you will need to embed a Youtube video into a PowerPoint presentation CD:
How to embed a video into a PowerPoint presentation 2007?
- Open PowerPoint.
- Start a new blank slide.
- Then go to the insert tab. Click on the movie icon.
- Choose a movie to insert that is stored on your computer. Now in this example I have inserted 4 movies on the same slide and chose to make them play by clicking on them.
- Resize the movie by dragging the sides in or out.
- Add more slides or titles etc to your presentation.
- When the PowerPoint presentation is finished click on the Office symbol in the left corner.
- A menu will appear. Go down to publish, then choose Package for CD.
- Then a Package for CD dialog box pops up.
- Where it says name the CD: Put a name for your presentation CD.
- Now choose to copy to folder or copy to CD.
- If you press on copy to folder: It will asks you if you want linked files in your package. This means it will put everything you need to run the PowerPoint presentation.
- If you press on copy to cd it will check to see if you have a disc ready in the cd drive.
- I chose to copy to folder and here are the results below.
Notes on embedding a Youtube video into PowerPoint presentation CD:
- PowerPoint does it all for you.
- You can also embed a Youtube video from the internet and publish it to a presentation CD. This means the files will be grabbed from the internet so the person viewing the PowerPoint must have the internet.