If you have a WordPress website, you cannot go past WordPress for a top content management system. I have many other websites made using WordPress, as I build websites for a living, and it is by far the easiest content management system in every way. The best feature about WordPress is that it is so easy to upload a new theme template. It takes about 5 minutes to completely change the website design, which is amazing. One minute you could have a blue website with one column on the right, and the next minute you can have a red website with two columns on either side of the content. This is why so many people have turned to WordPress for their content management system.
Learning how to upload a WordPress theme will take you approximately 5 min. It is not a difficult thing to do.
What you need to upload a WordPress theme?
- You will need a zipped WordPress Theme template on your computer. You can download a Free WordPress Templates or you can Make your own website templates.
- You will need to have a WordPress website already.
- You need to be using the latest WordPress installation which is 3.1 or more.
How to Upload and install a new WordPress Theme?
- Sign into your dashboard where you edit your website and add posts.
- Click on Appearance in the left menu running down the side of the page. See the screenshot below.
- A menu will appear under this. Press on Add New Themes.
- The Install themes window will appear, press the Upload link. Shown in the screenshot below.
- Now press on browse to find the zipped file on your computer.
- Once you have found the file, click on Install Now. This will only install the theme so it is available for you to activate. This will not change your theme yet.
- Now if you press on Themes under the Appearance menu you will see the theme you just installed.
See the screenshot below. This is a theme template that I have installed. My choices are to Activate, Preview, or Delete this theme. If you want to use this theme you can simple press on Activate.
When you find the best WordPress theme for your website then uploading a WordPress theme is so easy!