If you want to find an image URL, this essentially means that you want to find the address of the image or picture that is located on the Internet. This picture or image could be located on your own website hosting, on someone else’s website, or even stored on a free image hosting website. It does not matter where the image is stored as it is easy to find the image URL and copy it. Please note that it doesn’t matter if the image does not belong to you. You should have permission before you use someone else’s image.
What does URL stand for?
The URL (uniform resource locater) is basically the web address for something that is on the internet. In this case we want to find the url of an image or a picture that is already stored on the internet. So for example if you see an image on a particular website, I will show you how to find the url of that image, logo, or picture.
How to find the image URL or picture URL on the internet?
- First we must find an image, logo, or picture that we want to find the url for.
- Then simply hover your mouse over the image and then right click on your mouse.
- A menu will appear. Go to the bottom of the menu and choose properties. See the screenshot below.
- The properties for that image or picture will now appear.
- See in the screenshot below, See where it says Address (URL).
- Select this address by making it blue.
- Then right click your mouse on the blue selection and a menu will appear.
- Choose copy.
- Now you can paste this url where ever you want.
How to find the image URL of the picture in Firefox?
It is very simple to find the image URL of the picture in Firefox. All you have to do is right click on the image and choose “copy image location” from the menu and that’s it. You have copied the image URL and now you can go and paste it or use it for whatever purpose you needed it for.
Why would people need the image URL of a picture on the Internet?
There are so many reasons why you might want to find out the url of a picture that is stored on the internet. Here are a few of my reasons.
- You might want to add a picture to your Ebay auction listing.
- You might want to add a picture into a forum post.
- You might want to display the same picture that is already stored on the internet on another webpage.
- You might want to have a link on your website to another website by using their logo.
- You might store your pictures on a free server.
Notes on finding the url of an image or picture on the internet
- Please note that just because you can right click on an image, does not mean it is yours to use or save.
- You could be breaking copyright laws if you do not have permission to use the image.
Do you have any tips on how to find the image URL of the picture?