Previously I have written an article that explained where to put links to your Website on Ebay. It also included a few tactics to try and get the visitors to actually click on the link. However this article and video is different because it will show you how to actually write the html for the link in your Ebay auction.
Now obviously in order to post a link into an Ebay auction you will need to be registered as an Ebay seller. Here’s a handy page - Learn how to sell on Ebay
Of course I will presume that if you are reading this article then you are already an Ebay seller.
How to put a html link to a website into your Ebay auction listing?
- The first thing we need to do is list an item for sale. Sign into your Ebay account.
- Go to the menu at the top right corner.
- Hover over the word Sell, then choose start selling now.
- Go through the process of setting your categories and title.
- When you get the the section where it says Describe the item you’re selling, stop there. See the screenshot below.
- See how there is a Standard tab and a HTML tab.
- To add a link into this Ebay auction listing we will need to go to the HTML tab.
- The Blue cross is where you enter the text for the link.
- See below I have inserted a link to this website, in the HTML section. When I press the Standard Tab it will show me what my link looks like.
How to insert an image that is also a link into your Ebay auction?
If you want to insert an image or extra picture into your Ebay auction listing in the description section you can follow the steps above. However when it comes to writing the HTML link it will be different from just a normal link.
What will I need to make an image link in my Ebay Auction?
- You will need to know the URL of the image or picture you want to put into your auction description. How to find the url of an image or picture on the internet?
- You will also need to know the URL of where you want the image to link to.
In this case my URL to the image is http://www.tips4pc.com/images/Untitled-1.gif
And my URL link is http://www.tips4pc.com
So in the HTML section in the EBay description section I am going to type the following:
This will put my image in my Ebay listing and link it to the website. It will use the original image size because I have not specified it. Watch this video on how to insert a link to a website or an image in your Ebay auction listing: